This recipe was featured in our October box, and it was a crowd favorite! Warming chai spices blend perfectly with spiced apple syrup and the brightness of ginger shrub.
Apple of my Chai
- 1 ounce apple syrup (Morris Kitchen)
- 2 ounces chai concentrate (Dona Chai)
- 1 ounce ginger shrub (Mother Shrub)
- 2 ounces fresh-squeezed clementine juice
- 1 egg white (or 1.5 oz. aquafaba - the liquid from a can of chickpeas - for vegan version) OR
- Club soda
- Star anise garnish
If using egg white or aquafaba: In a shaker (without ice), combine apple syrup, chai concentrate, ginger shrub, clementine juice, and egg white (or aquafaba). Give it a good "dry shake" (meaning without ice) for 30 seconds. Add ice and shake again for 20-30 seconds. Strain into a coupe glass (make sure to get all that gorgeous foam out!) and garnish with star anise.
If using club soda: Combine first four ingredients with ice in shaker and shake vigorously. Fill tall glass with ice, strain contents of shaker into glass, top with club soda, and garnish with star anise.